Kern County, CA – The National Weather Service has issued a Wind Advisory, which is in effect from 5:00 pm this afternoon to 5:00 am PDT Sunday.
- TIMING…5:00 pm this afternoon through 5:00 am Sunday.
- WINDS…West winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 55 mph expected.
- WHERE…Indian Wells Valley, Kern County Desert, Tehachapi Area.
- IMPACTS…Gusty winds could blow around unsecured objects. Tree limbs could be blown down. Travel could be difficult for high profile vehicles.
- ADDITIONAL DETAILS…Travel will be difficult along Highways 14…58 and 395 for high profile vehicles.
- AFFECTED AREAS: INDIAN WELLS VALLEY … KERN COUNTY DESERT … TEHACHAPI AREA
Instructions: A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds this strong can make driving difficult, especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.