Lake Isabella, CA – Kern Valley deputies stopped 35-year-old Michael Camit, on Tuesday, July 2nd, on a motorcycle near Webb and Clark Streets in Lake Isabella. Camit briefly tried to evade deputies, but parked the motorcycle at his residence. He tried to flee on foot and threw down the motorcycle helmet he was wearing.
Deputies located about 3 ounces of methamphetamine inside the helmet. During a probation search of his residence, deputies located two handguns, several rounds of ammunition, over $600 in currency, a stolen moped, indicia of methamphetamine sales and evidence he was operating a drug house.
A records check revealed Camit was a convicted felon. Camit was arrested and booked into jail for several charges, including:
- HS 11378, Sales of Controlled Substance
- HS 11379(a), Transportation of Controlled Substance
- HS 11370.1, Possession of Controlled Substance while in Possession of Loaded Firearm
- HS 11366, Maintaining a Drug House
- PC29800(a)(1), Possession of Firearm by Felon
- PC 30305(a)(1), Possession of Ammunition by Felon
- PC 496d(a), Possession of Stolen Vehicle
and a variety of misdemeanor and traffic violations. on a motorcycle near Webb and Clark Streets in Lake Isabella. Camit briefly tried to evade deputies, but parked the motorcycle at his residence.